05 February 2009

You Got Me Feeling Emotions.. USAA

My emotions are all over the place today. At least I have not cried but I thought at one point I was tell someone to "fuck off" (or maybe I did and didn't realize it).
USAA has decided to drop my policy. In a nutshell, I have had some late payments and they feel that I am not going to be a "good customer" anymore. They say that in this climate of economical change they cannot have anyone who pays their bill late. Yes, I am admitting that sometimes I was late on my car insurance payment but I never lost insurance and I have been with them for almost 20 years. I understand all about money and life and the ideals of paying on time but sometimes when you just have to decide on eating (or buying your medication) and paying your car insurance a day (or three) late, you have to make decisions. The saddest thing is that my financial situation (however small and strained) is finally starting to even out and settle into a normalcy only seen in .... well.. nothing that I know of but normal just the same.
So I have been moping around and being grumpy. But I know that a friend of mine works for Geico and he told me to try them. Well I must say they were lovely and kind and nice and friendly. And surprises all around.... I have gotten insurance for the auto for only nine dollars more then what I was paying with USAA.
SO guess who is now with the Gecko from Geico...

No comments:

Post a Comment